Product Training Links
- In order to meet the NAIC regulations, a producer must have adequate product specific training, including compliance with the insurer’s standards for product training, prior to soliciting an annuity product.
- -The links below will direct you to that carrier's product training platform.
- -If required by the state where the application will be delivered, you must complete the product training course prior to solicitation.
- -There is no cost to you for completing the product training courses.
-Even if not required by your state, we encourage all producers to utilize these product training courses.
Please contact our marketing team if you have any questions or need any further assistance.
*Requires agent be appointed before accessing the product-training course
Company Annuity Training Product Codes
To access the training course(s) for a particular company, it is occassionally necessary to enter a product code after logging in to RegEd:
The NAIC has adopted the 2010 Suitability in Annuity Transactions Model Regulation. Producers will be required to complete two different training requirements prior to the solicitation of an annuity:
1) A one-time state-level four (4) hour continuing education course on annuities offered by an insurance-department approved education provider is required.
California, Florida, Hawaii and Texas have state specific annuity courses, which are not reciprocal in other states.
WebCE offers these courses online for a fee.
2) Product specific training provided by the insurance carrier prior to soliciting the sale of a particular annuity product. Training must be completed PRIOR to completing an annuity application. If the training is not completed, or completed after the application was signed, the company will return the application.
- American Equity, American General, American National, Athene, Genworth, ING and New York Life require agents complete their product training for all states.